Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Homemade Diaper Rash Cream

Since I couldn't find HappyTails cream and after talking to our pediatrician, I've concocted my own diaper cream that I call Mommy's Butt Balm.  Real creative I know.  Wanna know what's in it?
Unmeasured amounts, but close to equal parts of:

Desitin (zinc oxide ointment) for diaper rash
tea tree oil, an antiseptic astringent
neosporin cream (triple antibiotic cream), for bacterial infection
Lotrimin (clotrimazole), for fungal infection
organic baby lotion (angel baby earth mama) as a neutralizer
or organic almond or coconut oil as a neutralizer
hydrocortisone cream for itching

Liam has such sensitive skin I probably put more lotion in than anything else based on smell. I have it in a tupperware type container next to the changing table. Be sure to stir well before applying. I make more as the supply gets low.  I never measure anything so it's probably different every time but it has worked wonders!  Whatever the rash is has disappeared almost completely!

Note: This mixture is not cloth-diaper friendly so please use a liner between ointment and diaper to protect your diapers.

1 comment:

  1. have also added cortisone and organic olive oil at times.

    ReplyDelete